This is an extremely important topic for event planners! Imagine what could happen if a gunman opened fire at your event. Think it will never happen? Let's hope not! But part of planning events is being prepared for all situations.
My interview with Officer Jason Weber offers some fascinating insights to event safety. He also offers some excellent follow ups to help guide you and keep you thinking.
[ctt title=”Crisis Management Strategies For Event Planners” tweet=”#Crisis #Management #Strategies for #EventPlanners – http://ctt.ec/Kl65m+” coverup=”Kl65m”]
By the end of this interview you will learn:
- “It's not going to happen here.” Isn't a plan!
- Where an active shooter is likely to show up …
- Working with law enforcement on risk assessments.
- The importance of controlling access.
- The value of an internal emergencies operation plan.
- Three key things that can save lives.
- Housekeeping tips to make attendees aware.
- Tips for dealing with media during & after a crisis.
- Crisis management follow up …
- The roll the venue plays in crisis management.
- and much, much, more!
Links and resources from this interview:
Jason's eMail Address: JWeber@town-menasha.com
Jason's phone: 920-720-7160
Have You Subscribed?
Get event planning content every Monday. Subscribe to the podcast today:
If you enjoyed the Savvy Event Planner Podcast, please share it with your friends using social media. Use the share buttons at the bottom of this page to share us with your network.
Thanks for listening!
I really appreciate your support of the podcast. Thank you for taking the time to listen and visit the site!
Also, thanks again to Officer Weber for an eye-opening interview. I hope you found it as interesting as I did.
So tell us …
Share your insights and thoughts on this interview. Did you come away with any ideas? Take a moment to let us know in the comments section below: