Shawna Suckow, CMP, has been a million-dollar influencer in the hospitality industry for more than 20 years. She has studied how attendees think and have evolved through economic, technological and cultural changes.
Shawna is also the Chairwoman of SPIN, the Senior Planners Industry Network. In this episode, Shawna shares insights to engaging audience and sponsors to create win/win/win scenarios.
By the end of this interview you will learn:
- Why you should be a “lifetime” learner.
- How simple things overlooked can be horrific.
- Glitz & glamour aren't always required.
- Ways to leverage creativity to create connections.
- Why the “Adult Learning Theory” no longer applies.
- The number one reason people attend events.
- A magical number that makes great things happen.
- Why you should consider a mentoring program at meetings.
- The power of relocating attendees.
- Longer breaks can be a good thing.
- Who the real V.I.P.'s of an event are.
- Changing the sponsorship mindset.
- How to align the goals of a sponsor with the goals of attendees.
- Effective methods to reach out to sponsors.
- Helping sponsors stand out in the minds of attendees.
- Ways to build sponsor relationships.
- The value of serving with integrity.
- How to help destinations and venues help you.
- and much, much more …
Links and resources from this interview:
Shawna's Website: shawnasuckow.com
Senior Planners Industry Network Website:
Have You Subscribed?
Get event planning content every Monday. Subscribe to the podcast today:
If you enjoyed the Savvy Event Planner Podcast, please tell your friends. Use the share buttons at the bottom of this page to share us with your network.
Thanks for listening!
Thanks to Shawna for an incredibly informative interview. I also thank you for taking the time to listen and visit the site!
So tell us …
Share your insights and thoughts on this interview. Did you come away with any ideas? Take a moment to let us know in the comments section below: