Alexander Grait shares insights gleaned from working corporate events in Las Vegas. With over 30 years of event experience, he started his own Event Blunders blog. In his own words:
“… it's like when you eat dinner in the same restaurant every night for ten years, you can start to see things that's wrong with the kitchen and the seating and the hostess that maybe you know the management can't see because you're right there.”
In this episode, we discuss everything from event planning mistakes to memorable guest experiences.
By the end of this interview you will learn:
- Why a guest's experience is so important.
- A simple habit that puts you in a power position.
- Mistakes of the “inexperienced event planner.”
- Tips on making the most of staff & vendor strengths.
- The importance of the double check.
- Why last minute decorating is a myth.
- The real value of follow up.
- Problems that stem from a full schedule.
- Benefits of an outsider's view.
- The intersection where business and entertainment collide.
- The real star of any event.
Links and resources from this interview:
Free eBook: 25 Event Blunders And How To Avoid Them.
Alexander's Email: Alexander@Alexandermagic.com
Have You Subscribed?
Get event planning content every Monday. Subscribe to the podcast today:
Don't forget to rate and/or review the show. Thanks!
If you enjoyed the Savvy Event Planner Podcast, please tell your friends. Use the share buttons at the bottom of this page to share us with your network.
Thanks for listening!
Another thanks to Alexander for taking a break from his globe-trotting performances to share with us today.
So tell us …
What event blunders have you experienced or witnessed? Take a moment to leave a note in the comments section below: