Emily Chalk spent almost seven years as part of Westin Hotels & Resorts Global Brand team. Her job involved helping Westin differentiate itself from competitors by enhancing their brand.
In 2009 she opened East of Ellie, combining her event planning passion with her small business dreams. Since then she and her team have planned events for Fortune 500 companies, celebrities and royalty.
In this episode, we discuss how her experience with Westin allows her to help clients brand their events. Get ready for some interesting insights that you can put into action.
By the end of this interview you will learn:
- Every event is a person, an identity, an experience.
- The first question to ask …
- A key component of all corporate events.
- Questions that you must answer …
- Focusing on elements to create overall experience.
- The importance of understanding your client's branding.
- Methods to enhance branding at an event.
- The real challenge is in the changes …
- Why communication is king.
- The value of researching past events.
- Resources for branding inspiration.
Links and resources from this interview:
Have You Subscribed?
Get event planning content every Monday. Subscribe to the podcast today:
If you enjoyed the Savvy Event Planner Podcast, please tell your friends. Use the share buttons at the bottom of this page to share us with your network.
Thanks for listening!
Thanks to Emily for sharing so much incredible information in this episode. I also thank you for taking the time to listen and visit the site!
So tell us …
Share your insights and thoughts on this interview. Did you come away with any ideas? Take a moment to let us know in the comments section below: