Nutrition plays a major role in event planning. From food allergies to special dietary needs, many guests have special requirements. This can lead to extra hours planning menus and higher food costs.
If the words: Farm- to-table, gluten-free, allergy-free, vegan, Paleo and Halal make you wonder where to start, don't worry.
Tracy Stuckrath is on the show today. She offers insights and solutions for feeding all event guests safely, healthy and deliciously.
By the end of this interview you will learn:
- The reasons your guests may require a special diet.
- Medical reasons or preference? Which is more important?
- How to provide different meals without going over-budget.
- Why you should make dietary selections mandatory.
- Ways to avoid “last minute” meal change decisions.
- Clear communication methods between guests & servers.
- What you need to ask your caterer before you sign a contract.
- Questions to ask attendees who have food allergies.
- Other meal considerations event planners should consider.
- Additional training resources you should check out.
Links and resources from this interview:
Tracy's Website: ThriveMeetings.com
Tracy's Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tracy's Phone: 404-242-0530
Have You Subscribed?
Get event planning content every Monday. Subscribe to the podcast today:
Don't forget to rate and/or review the show. Thanks!
If you enjoyed the Savvy Event Planner Podcast, please tell your friends. Use the share buttons at the bottom of this page to share us with your network.
Thanks for listening!
A huge thank you to Tracy for sharing so much gold in this episode. I also thank you for taking the time to listen and visit the site!
So tell us …
Share your insights and thoughts on guest dietary requirements. Did you come away with any ideas based on this interview? Take a moment to let us know in the comments section below: