Dierdre Crowl is an executive assistant for the president of a mid-size engineering firm. Part of her job involves planning company functions. She is also my wife, so I thought she'd be the perfect first guest for my new podcast!
Her background in events began as a performer, then shifted to waitress, bartender, catering manager and now, planner. She understands how events work from several perspectives. That allows Dierdre to design and plan her events for success.
By the end of this interview you will learn:
- How life experiences play a role in event planning
- An event planner's biggest fear
- Risk planning and risk tolerance
- Tips for selecting your event service providers
- Methods to handle negative guests
- An awesome contest idea to engage co-workers & promote an event
- The benefits of involving families
- How to get your vendors involved
- Concepts for dealing with a cut budget
- The value of the team
Links and resources from this interview:
Photos of the office transformation.
Care to share some feedback about this episode? Please take a moment to leave a note in the comments section below and let us know what you think.
If you enjoyed this first episode, please consider sharing it on social media using the buttons you'll see below. Just pick where you want to share: Google+, Twitter, FaceBook, LinkedIn, Pintrest, or Reddit. If you want to be really generous, post to them all!
We'll soon be listing The Savvy Event Planner Podcast on iTunes! Check back soon to find out the release date so you can subscribe there to get automatic updates.
Once again, a huge thank you to Dierdre for helping me launch this podcast!