Melanie Woodward has planned events for Honda, HGTV and other high profile clients. Soon, other event planners were coming to her for advice. That prompted Melanie to begin a blog sharing event planning tips and insights. This project eventually morphed into the Event Planning Blueprint. Now Melanie not only creates amazing events, she helps others become professional event planners.
By the end of this interview you will learn:
- How powerful referrals are in advancing a career.
- The logistics behind planning destination events.
- Why Destination Management Companies (DMC) are a valuable partner.
- How honesty and communication can reduce stress.
- Reasons event planners should attend other events.
- The logic behind variety and “too much to do.”
- Why the party is so important.
- A resource to create your own event app.
- Ways to “set the tone” for success.
- How a “give back day” can affect your attendees.
- Powerful methods to impact people in your everyday life.
- The value of interacting with other event planners.
- Tips for finding and cultivating event sponsors.
- Ideas to simplify event sponsorships.
- Why proving ROI is so important to an event planner.
Links and resources from this interview:
Event Planning Blueprint – (This is a link to The Event Toolkit.)
Note: I was so impressed with Melanie during our conversations and interview, I have become an affiliate for her Event Planning Blueprint. If you use the above link and decide to purchase the blueprint, the price remains the same to you, however I receive a commission on the sale. While I feel this might be a help to some of our audience, please do not purchase anything you do not need, want or can't afford.
Event Planning Blueprint Blog
Have You Subscribed?
Get event planning content every Monday. Don't miss a single episode. It is easy to subscribe on iTunes or your favorite podcast directory. Just click the link!
I also appreciate reviews for The Savvy Event Planner Podcast on iTunes! I read each one and always appreciate and consider the feedback.
Thanks for listening!
Another huge “THANK YOU” to Melanie for being such a wonderful guest and sharing so much gold!
Inspired by an idea? Have a question for Melanie? Or for me? Let us know in the comments section below: