Event planners make a lot of decisions. Each one has an impact on the event. How can you be certain you are making the right decision?
Shelley Row was an engineer for the government. As a victim of over-thinking decisions, she began to study the problem. After interviewing 77 executives on the decision making process, she developed Infotuition®.
Now she travels the world helping executives and event planners understand and improve their decision making techniques.
By the end of this interview you will learn:
- Effective decision making techniques.
- The decision balance point – Infatuation.
- What research shows about decision making.
- Four types of decisions.
- Warning signs of overthinking.
- Techniques to avoid knee-jerk reactions.
- The value of different perspectives.
- Achieving the “AHA” moment.
- The problem of over reliance on rules, processes and prior decisions.
- Dangers of overly protective thinking.
- Plus much more …
Shelley's Book: THINK LESS LIVE MORE: Lessons from a Recovering Over-Thinker
Thanks for listening!
What are your most difficult decisions to make as an event planner? Take a moment to leave a note in the comments section below.
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it with others on Twitter, FaceBook, LinkedIn and other social media. We have share buttons here on the page to make it easy for you!
Have you subscribed to the podcast? Take a moment subscribe on iTunes or your favorite podcast directory.
I also appreciate honest reviews for The Savvy Event Planner Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews not only help the rankings of the show, but I read each and every one.
Thanks once again to Shelley for a very sharing and informative interview!