Event planners know that social media helps promote events. But even though we interact with people everyday, the online social world seems alien for some people.
Social media can be confusing and difficult. How can you get people to interact? How can you grow your followers? Well if you want solid, down to earth advice, this episode is a must.
Phil Gerbyshak shares tips, insights & suggestions to help event planners make their events social media friendly. Phil makes it easy to understand and easy to do. Start getting more likes, shares and click-throughs today!
By the end of this interview you will learn:
- What social media platforms really are …
- What matters most on social media …
- The “social” in social media …
- The value of social media for an association.
- Why you need to drive conversations.
- Using social media to reinforce ideas & messages.
- Connecting with people that can't physically attend an event.
- Tips for starting conversations on FaceBook.
- How introverts & extroverts react on social media.
- What you should do before an event.
- Things you can share on social media during an event.
- Tips for following up events on social media.
- Plus and minuses of using social media tools …
- Social media through LinkedIn …
- Do's & Don't of social media marketing.
- The true value of the “gift.”
Links and resources from this interview:
Email Phil: firstname.lastname@example.org
Have You Subscribed?
Get event planning content every Monday. Subscribe to the podcast today:
If you enjoyed the Savvy Event Planner Podcast, please tell your friends. Use the share buttons at the bottom of this page to share us with your network.
Thanks for listening!
Thanks to Phil for sharing so much incredible information in this episode. It was great talking with you Phil!
I also thank you for taking the time to listen and visit the site!
So tell us …
Share your insights and thoughts on this interview. Did you come away with any ideas? Take a moment to let us know in the comments section below: