Marketing events can challenge even the most savvy event planner.
David Ranalli studied public relations in college as part of his career preparation. Since graduating, he has experimented with social media in his business. In this episode, you will discover the unique differences between social and traditional media. David shares how each media can best serve you in your marketing efforts.
Click To Tweet: David shares PR & Social Media Tips for Event Planners today.
By the end of this interview you will learn:
- How public relations and marketing tie into show business.
- The growth of media from traditional to modern social outlets.
- Techniques for using media to document your event.
- Why storytelling is stronger than sales copy on social platforms.
- An overview of different social media platforms and how they are used.
- About up and coming social platforms.
- What to consider when planning social media campaigns.
- Using social media to follow up an event.
- Tools that can help your social media stand out.
Links and resources from this interview:
David's Rev Video Example:
Thanks for listening!
Did you find this interview helpful? Please leave a note in the comments section below and provide your feedback about this episode.
If you enjoy the Savvy Event Planner Podcast, please share it on social media. Just use the buttons at the bottom of the page.
Are you subscribed to the podcast on iTunes? If not, take a moment and do it now so you won’t miss any of our upcoming episodes.
I also appreciate honest reviews on iTunes! Ratings and reviews help others find us, plus I read each and every one. Your support and thoughts motivate me improve the podcast and I truly appreciate them.
Thanks again to David for taking the time to share during this interview.