How do you find an incredible speaker that will ignite your audience? Should you chance the unknown? Or stick with the old standard?
Sarah Lang has planned events ranging from the startup community to TEDx. In this episode she shares tips on how to find, vet and book speakers that create buzz.
By the end of this interview you will learn:
- About the “unconference” – planning an event with no agenda.
- The value of letting your audience “discover” someone new.
- Ways to find the next big thing.
- Tips on how to vet new speakers.
- Advice that helps speakers improve their speech.
- Why your speaker needs to be passionate.
- How to avoid “killing” that passion.
- Is saving money on a speaker a good idea?
- The benefits of thinking “outside the box”
Links and resources from this interview:
Sarah's Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Have You Subscribed?
Get event planning content every Monday. Subscribe to the podcast today:
Don't forget to rate and/or review the show. Thanks!
If you enjoyed the Savvy Event Planner Podcast, please tell your friends. Use the share buttons at the bottom of this page to share us with your network.
Thanks for listening!
I'd like to also thank Sarah for scheduling the time to be with us for this interview. I hope you found the content helpful.
So tell us …
Do you book speakers for events? Do you have any other questions? Or did we miss something? What advice would you give? Take a moment to leave a note in the comments section below: