Event planners already have a lot on their plate. When you add travel and lodging to an event it can become a nightmare. In some areas, it is illegal for event planners to book or pay for travel for their clients. Why toss that duty back on a client?
Jessica Tomcsik provides travel services for personal and business clients. From personal trips, wedding parties and corporate retreats, she helps planners solve travel problems. In this episode she shares reasons why event planners should partner with travel agents.
By the end of this interview you will learn:
- The most important training for a travel agent.
- Role a travel agent plays in the planning of a destination event.
- Travel logistics an event planner should consider when working on a destination event.
- The benefits of holding an event on a cruise ship.
- Is travel insurance really important?
- When is the best time to plan a destination event?
- The hottest event destinations for 2016.
- Why a travel agent won't add to your event budget.
- How a travel agent relieves hassle and stress for you and your client.
Links and resources from this interview:
Jessica's Report: The Top 10 Reasons Why Event Planners Should Partner With A Travel Agent
Jessica's Website: www.shipshapevacation.com
Jessica's Email: JTomcsik@cruiseone.com
Have You Subscribed?
Get event planning content every Monday. Don't miss a single episode. It is easy to subscribe on iTunes or your favorite podcast directory. Just click the link!
I also appreciate reviews for The Savvy Event Planner Podcast on iTunes! I read each one and always appreciate the feedback.
Share This Episode
Use the share buttons at the bottom of this page to tell your network about the Savvy Event Planner Podcast. We thank you and so will they!
Thanks for listening!
Thank you for joining us for this episode. Plus a big thanks to Jessica for sharing her insights on how travel agents can help you become a more Savvy Event Planner.
Have you ever worked with a travel agent? Are you considering the option? Take a moment to let us know. Leave a note in the comments section below: