As corporations globalize, more event planners seek diversity in their speakers and entertainment. Unfortunately, bringing speakers in for your event are not always as simple as signing a contract.
Brian Glow is a professional magician based in Winnipeg, Canada. One of the top international corporate entertainers in the world, Brian has performed at corporate events in over 40 countries.
In this episode Brian shares “need to know” information when working with international speakers and entertainers.
By the end of this interview you will learn:
- The additional value a flexible speaker or entertainer provides.
- Why extensive pre-planning is a must when hiring from another country.
- Questions you need to ask international talent …
- What you should know about immigration.
- The definition of a “performer of note” …
- How long it can take to secure a visa …
- The added expense of visas and travel documents.
- Is it best to work with an agency or directly with a speaker?
- What is needed to transport equipment & supplies internationally.
- An idea for handling with cross-cultural performances in other languages..
- The international discrepancy of experience in event planning.
- Advice for new event planners …
- and much, much, more!
Links and resources from this interview:
Brian's web site: http://brianglow.com
Have You Subscribed?
Get event planning content every Monday. Subscribe to the podcast today:
If you enjoyed the Savvy Event Planner Podcast, please share it with your friends using social media. Use the share buttons at the bottom of this page to share us with your network.
Thanks for listening!
I really appreciate your support of the podcast. Thank you for taking the time to listen and visit the site!
Also, thanks again to Brian for sharing some fascinating information in this episode!
So tell us …
Share your insights and thoughts on this interview. Did you come away with any ideas? Take a moment to let us know in the comments section below: