Since we started running the review contest on iTunes, several people have reached out to ask how to take a screen capture to enter the contest. There are different methods depending on what device you are working with. I've put together a brief tutorial on how to take screen captures on a computer, tablet or phone. None of these require any special software. I hope you find them helpful.
- Press PrtScn (The Print Screen button) This will save the entire screen to your clipboard.
- Open Paint (It is a free program that comes on most PC's)
- Paste the image into Paint.
- You can now edit the capture to select the area you want to use in your image.
- Save the edited image.
Here is a video to show you the process on a PC.
- Open Preview
- Click on File > Take Screen Shot
- Choose: From Selection | From Window | From Entire Screen
- Save image.
Here is a video of several other methods to capture your screen on a Mac.
Tablet Or Mobile Device:
iPad | iPhone | iPod Touch:
- Press the Home and Sleep/Wake Buttons at the same time and hold. Screen will flash white.
- You will find the image in your Photos album.
- Press the Power and Volume Down buttons at the same time and hold. Screen will flash white.
- You will find the image in your Gallery or Photos App.
Here is a video to show you the process on an Android.
Hope this helps! Don't forget to leave a comment on iTunes, take a screen shot and tweet it to be entered into the contest!
To leave a comment on iTunes:
Have a thought? Leave a note in the comments section below. I read them all and it is my goal to make this site and program better for you. Thanks.