An advocate for education in the event planning industry, Larissa Schultz. A college adjunct professor, she teaches event management & meeting planning.
In this episode we get Larissa's advice for people interested in entering the event planning field.
Don't think Event Planning 101 as just for the beginner though! The information is a great refresher for the seasoned planner as well.
[ctt title=”Event Planning 101 on the Savvy Event Planner Podcast” tweet=”Event Planning 101 w/ @LarissaJSchultz & @TomCrowl – http://ctt.ec/7L1S6+” coverup=”7L1S6″]
By the end of this interview you will learn:
- How Larissa got started in event planning.
- The benefits of working for someone else.
- Recommendations for getting started.
- What to expect if starting your own event planning company.
- The value of a career plan.
- Vital components of an event.
- An overview of different styles of events.
- Event planning terminology you should know.
- Examples of incorporating objectives into your plan.
- An important part of an RFP that is often overlooked.
- The value of setting up quality vendor relationships.
- Tips for room set up …
- Tips for venue inspections …
- and much, much, more!
Links and resources from this interview:
Larissa's web site:
Have You Subscribed?
Get event planning content every Monday. Subscribe to the podcast today:
If you enjoyed the Savvy Event Planner Podcast, please share it with your friends using social media. Use the share buttons at the bottom of this page to share us with your network.
Thanks for listening!
I really appreciate your support of the podcast. Thank you for taking the time to listen and visit the site!
Also, thanks to Larissa for an episode filled with event planning gold!
So tell us …
Share your insights and thoughts on this interview. Did you come away with any ideas? Take a moment to let us know in the comments section below: